Our “Mother Nature’s Memo Board” is the perfect gift for the Mom who loves all things natural and whimsical. Get ready to bring some of Mother Nature’s beauty into Mom’s home with this fun and colorful craft project.
Not only will it add a touch of the outdoors to her home decor, but it’s also a practical and functional way to organize notes and messages.
To make your own “Mother Nature’s Memo Board,” you’ll need a few supplies:
- One cork memo board (the canvas for your nature-inspired masterpiece)
- Hunter green and white acrylic paints (for the grass and highlights)
- A medium and thin paint brush (for creating grass blades and outlining letters)
- A black permanent marker (for adding the final touches)
- Plastic artificial flowers (for a pop of color)
- Butterflies (because what’s a nature scene without them?)
- A peppercorn (for the center of the flowers)
- Instant glue (for attaching the flower petals)
- Plastic head tacks (to hold everything in place)
- Hot glue and a glue gun (for attaching the butterflies)
To begin, apply two coats of green paint to the wooden frame of the cork board to create the base for your nature scene. Then, use a medium paint brush and green paint to create wiggly, random lines along the edges of each side to create blades of grass. Outline each blade with a thin line of white paint to give highlights. Leave some space in the middle of the board for the main attraction: the word “notes” written in white acrylic paint. Use the end of a flat paint brush to dot the letters with circles of green paint, and then allow the paint to dry.
Once everything is dry, use a black permanent marker to outline the letters and blades of grass. This adds a nice finishing touch and helps everything stand out. Now it’s time to add some pops of color! Take apart the plastic flowers and use instant glue to attach the petals to the head of a tack. After the first layer is dry, add a second petal and a peppercorn to the center of the flower. Allow the glue to dry before moving on to the next step.
Finally, use hot glue to attach a butterfly to each corner of the board to complete your nature scene.
Now you have a beautiful and functional “Mother Nature’s Memo Board” that’s perfect for Mom’s home.
She’ll love the personal touch and thoughtful gift, and she’ll be able to use it to organize notes and messages in style. So gather your materials and get crafting – it’s time to celebrate Mom with some Mother Nature magic!