To create your own Celebration Fireworks Pencils, follow these steps:
- Gather your materials: pencils, red acrylic paint, finishing spray, an egg carton, colorful wrapping paper, small round stickers, white glue, and scissors.
- Poke a hole in the bottom cup of the egg carton and fit your pencil in. Then, paint a layer of red acrylic over the entire length of the pencil, but not the end. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Once the pencil is dry, spray it with a finishing spray to give it a glossy finish. (An adult should supervise this step.)
- Cut a piece of wrapping paper to measure 5 ½ x 9 inches.
- Apply a small amount of white glue along the edge of the paper, about 1 ½ inch along the 5 ½ inch side.
- Place the pencil onto the glue and roll the paper tightly around it.
- When you reach the end of the paper, apply a bit more glue and use a few stickers to seal it in place.
- Once the glue has dried, take your scissors and make four cuts from the top down until you reach the butt of the pencil on the inside. This will create a “fireworks” effect.
- Finally, you can curl the paper ends with scissors or leave them flapping down for a more playful look.
Now you have a fun and festive pencil to celebrate the holidays with!