“Kids can celebrate the holidays with these simple to make Fireworks Pencils.”
Colorful wrapping paper
Small round stickers
1. Poke a hole in the bottom cup of the egg carton and fit your pencil in then paint a layer of red acrylic over pencil length but not the end.
2. After the pencil is dry spray the pencil with a finishing spray and allow drying time. (An adult should supervise the spraying)
3. Cut a piece of wrapping paper 5 ½ x 9 inches.
4. Apply a bit of white glue along edge of paper about 1 ½ inch along the 5 ½ inch side.
5. Place the pencil onto the glue and roll the paper tightly around pencil.
6. When you get to the end apply a bit more glue and put a few stickers to seal it in place.
7. When the glue is dry take the scissor and make four cut from the top down until you reach the butt of the pencil on the inside.
8. You can then curl the paper ends with scissors or leave the paper ends flop down as is.