Get ready to hop into some crafty fun with this charming fishing frog spoon decoration!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A wooden spoon
- A piece of dowel
- Dark green and black paint
- Pink paint
- Light green and white paint
- A piece of jute
- Scrap material
- A needle and thread
- Hot glue and a hot glue gun
- A straw hat
- A piece of wire
- An orange paint
- Green fun foam
It’s time to get your craft on and create a fun and charming fishing frog spoon decoration! Here’s what you need to do:
- Begin by painting the spoon and dowel dark green for the legs. Let them dry completely.
- Use black paint to make two oval shapes for eyes and a squiggle for a mouth.
- Add some rosy cheeks to your frog with pink paint.
- Use light green paint to create eyelids and white paint for the center of the eyes.
- Add some black dots for pupils and a white highlight in each eye.
- Tie the dowel (second leg) to the spoon just below the neck of the spoon with a piece of jute. Secure it in place with hot glue.
- Take your scrap material and fold it in half. Cut out a square large enough for high-waist pants on your frog.
- Sew along the open fold and cut slits in the center to form two pant legs. Sew around the inner seam.
- Slip the pants over the frog legs and tie them at the top with a large piece of jute in a bow.
- Glue a bit of moss to the top of the frog’s head, and then glue a half straw hat over the top. Garnish with a dried flower.
- Take a piece of wire and twist it around a pencil to give it some twirls.
- Paint your stick (fishing rod) orange and let it dry.
- Bind the wire to the stick using jute.
- Cut a fish shape from green fun foam and attach it to the end of the wire.
- Glue the fishing rod to the front of the frog.
- If you want to hang your fishing frog up on the wall, just glue a loop of jute to the back of the spoon.
If you want to hang your fishing frog up on the wall, just glue a loop of jute to the back of the spoon.