This Christmas I had a request for dozens of cookies for gifts and came up with this personal and inexpensive way to present them. Once I got started they were really lots of fun to make and you can be as creative as you like with your materials. Here’s how I did mine!
- Brown Paper Bag (lunch bags)
- Acrylic paints
- Permanent markers or gel pens
- Scraps of material, buttons, colored paper
- Started by opening and checking that each bag was in good shape. Sometimes they can be formed funny or stuck together on the inside.
- Then laying them flat draw out your designs lightly with a 2hb pencil. Coloring books have great ideas if you can’t think of one or even tracing cookie cutter shapes.
- Paint in the main body of color and let dry.
- Then painted the outlines and details on.
- When that is dry, use gel pens in gold and silver on outside of design to give it a shimmer look.
- Using the permanent marker write a greeting on the bag.
- Adding on scarps of material, buttons or paper gives it a country kind of look.
- Line your bags with a thin plastic gift bag, I found some at the dollar store in packages of 30 with cute holiday designs. This stops the cookies from leaving oily looking stains on the brown paper bag
Bake a dozen cookies to fill bag and staple closed with a gift tag at the back.