This simple and fun craft is a great way to attract birds to your yard and provide them with a tasty treat. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Day-old bread, crumbled
- 1 cup of suet
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- A variety of seeds
- Pipe cleaners
- Clear wrap
- Crumble the day-old bread into small pieces and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the suet and then slowly add the peanut butter, stirring until it is fully incorporated.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool until it is cool enough to handle.
- Add the bread crumbs to the mixture and mold it into balls about the size of a small orange.
- Roll the balls in a variety of seeds to coat them evenly.
- Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the outside of the ball, securing it at the top with a twist. Leave a piece of the pipe cleaner hanging so that you can hang the ball in your yard.
- Wrap the ball in clear wrap and place it in the freezer to harden.
- Once the balls are solid, hang them in your yard and watch the birds enjoy their tasty treat.