A great little “thinking of you” gift to cheer up a friend who may feel like things are upside down and crazy!
- Fabric scraps
- Needle and thread
- Wooden dowel
- Green Wooden furniture finishing plugs circles
- Finishing spray
- Optional tiny ladybugs or leaves (bought in pkgs. At Wal-Mart)
Hot glue and gun
1. Start by making your yo-yo’s with scrap fabric and inserted with cardboard circles. One 1 ½ inch in diameter and one 3 inches in diameter.
2. Paint the wooden plugs all green then add the eyes with white and black dots. Allow drying.
3. When dry apply a light finishing spray.
4. Paint dowels green and spray with finishing spray. Allow drying.
5. Hot glue the small yo-yo into center of larger yo-yo circle.
6. Glue little green face to center of smaller yo-yo and you end up with a 3D effect.
7. Glue dowel to back of flower head.
8. Add leaves or ladybugs along stem.
9. Then you can add a cute poem like this one Shirley and Craftsayings came up with for me.