White T-shirt material
Needle and Thread
Embroidery Thread black and orange
Hot glue gun and glue
- To make this simple snowman take a rectangular piece of white t-shirt material 4 x 8 inches and fold in half so you have a doubled piece 4 x 4. Then sew the side and bottom together leaving the top open for stuffing.
- Take another piece of small white fabric and make a square bag to fill with rice and place in bottom of snowman body to weight it down at the bottom. This makes him sit nicely.
- Then stuff the whole thing and sew it up. Tie a white piece of string around it’s middle to form a head and body shape.
- Cut a piece of fleece out in a long scarf shape and put little slits on the end to make it fringed. Tying the scarf around the neck will him look plump!
- To make hair take some yarn and make about 5 or so loops and tie in the center and cut off ends. Glue or sew to top of head.
- To make his hat take another piece of fleece and cut into a wide triangle and sew sides together leaving the bottom open. Fold up a bit to make a rim for the hat.
- Then stitched on a face with embroidery thread. Make “X’s” for his eyes using black thread and a straight stitch from black for his mouth. The nose is a small amount of orange looped in and out a few times.
- Sewed on a button to his front to finish him up. This is a fast and easy way to make a snowman that will never melt!