Welcome to the I Love Ewe Shadow Box project! This cute and crafty project is perfect for Valentine’s Day, or for displaying your love all year round. With a few simple materials and some easy steps, you can create a adorable little shadow box to show your special someone how much you care. So let’s get started!
- Wooden shadow box
- Acrylic paint (crimson red, white, black)
- Small detail paint brush
- Medium paint brush
- Polyfill stuffing
- Jute string
- Glue gun
- Sand down the wooden shadow box to smooth out any rough spots.
- Using the medium paint brush, apply a coat of crimson red paint to the sides and inside corners of the frame. Allow to dry for approximately 30 minutes.
- Using the small paint brush and white paint, carefully paint the inside of the frame, avoiding the red areas. Allow to dry.
- Using the pencil, draw three loopy shapes in the middle of the frame for the head of the sheep, and four angled lines at the bottom for the legs. Write the words “I” followed by a heart shape and “EWE” above the legs.
- Using the small detail paint brush, fill in the loopy shapes with black paint to create the head of the sheep. Paint thin lines for the legs.
- Using white paint, cover the outline of the words.
- Using the flat bottom of the paint brush, dab on some black dots to the bottom of each leg and to the corners of the words at the top to give a finished look. Allow to dry.
- Using the small detail paint brush, add three wispy curls to the top of the ewe’s head.
- Using the glue gun, apply a circle of glue to the middle of the ewe, and press a round piece of Polyfill stuffing onto the glue to create the body.
- Hot glue jute string around the inner edge of the shadow box.
- Make a knotted loop with a piece of jute and hot glue it to the back of the shadow box for hanging.
- Make a bow with a piece of jute and hot glue it to the front of the shadow box.
Your I Love Ewe Shadow Box is now complete! Display it as a sweet and adorable way to show your love all year round.