- Scrap material in your choice of color
- Embroidery thread
- Tiny square scrap of fabric
- String or ribbon
- Cut out two mitten shapes from your scrap material.
- On one mitten shape, hand stitch a tiny square scrap to the front and sew a button in the middle.
- Using embroidery thread, blanket stitch the two mitten shapes together, leaving the top open as a pocket.
- Tie a string or ribbon to one side to hang it from.
- These mittens add a country flavor to any home and can be filled with treats at Christmas.