Create a beautiful country-themed wreath with this simple craft project. You will need the following materials:
- A piece of fabric, 12 inches wide by 48 inches long
- Scrap material for hearts
- Wooden hoop
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Sewing machine
- Tacky glue
- Needle and thread
- Fold the fabric in half so that it is 6 inches wide by 48 inches long, and sew along the 48-inch length with the wrong side facing outward.
- Pull the fabric through the opening so that it is right side out. Sew a straight line 1-1/2 inches from the edge along the entire 48-inch length (similar to making a curtain).
- Feed the opened wooden hoop through the 1-1/2 inch opening until it is completely covered by the fabric.
- Glue the wooden hoop closed and hand sew the two ends of the fabric together to close it up.
- Using the cardboard, cut out enough heart shapes to slightly overlap when placed on the inside rim of the hoop.
- Cut out heart shapes from the scrap material, making them slightly larger than the cardboard cutouts.
- Using tacky glue, glue each fabric heart to a cardboard heart, being careful to glue the overlap to the back so it looks neat. Allow the glue to dry.
- Hot glue the hearts onto the rim of the hoop, allowing each one to overlap slightly.
- Make a raffia bow and hot glue it to the bottom of the wreath.
Your country heart wreath is now ready to display and enjoy!