These angel themed Clay Pot Candle Holders are easy to make and are perfect for gift-giving or adding a touch of whimsy to your own holidays.
This project is easy to make and is perfect for gift-giving or adding a touch of whimsy to your own holiday decorations.
- Two 3-inch clay pots
- Crazy glue
- Acrylic paints in teal blue, beige, brown, black, pink, flesh-tone, and antique white
- Detail brush
- Finishing spray
- Glue the two clay pots together bottom to bottom using crazy glue, and let them dry.
- Paint the holder with two coats of teal acrylic paint on the inside and outside. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Using antique white paint, roughly paint the outline of the angel as a guide.
- Fill in the wings and body of the angel with a coat of antique white paint.
- Paint the angel’s face and hands with flesh-tone paint.
- Mix a small amount of brown paint into the antique white, and use it to add a smaller outline around the wings. Fill in the outlined area with the mixed paint.
- Use brown acrylic paint to add a halo to the top of the angel’s head, and highlight the halo with a small amount of white paint.
- Use brown paint to outline the entire angel.
- Use pink paint to add two circles for the angel’s cheeks, and use the tip of a black paintbrush to dot on the eyes.
- Apply a finishing spray to the angel, and let it dry completely.
- Glue a bow to the front of the angel’s dress to complete the project.
Your candle holders are now complete! These sweet candle holders are sure to bring a warm and cozy touch to any room.