- Preserve jar clean and dry
- A heart cut from card stock
- Acrylic paints red or blue and white Wide soft bush
- Old Toothbrush
- Finishing spray
- Glue stick
1. Glue the heart cutout lightly to the jar with glue stick.
2. Then with a wide soft bush start to apply an even coat of red or blue paints all over outside of jar. Allow drying.
3. Apply a second coat of paint brushing in opposite direction of 1st coat. Allow drying.
4. Take a toothbrush and dip in a bit of white paint then splatter jar white paint by pushing back bristles and letting them go. Do this all over jar until you get desired effect.
5. Using a bit of white paint outline your heart cutout.
6. Remove heart cutout from front of jar and clean up glue spots with a Q-tip and a bit of rubbing alcohol.
7. Apply a finishing spray to jar and allow drying time.
8. When done drying you can place a lit tea light or candle in bottom of jar and it will give a light hue of the color of your jar. It gives a wonderful atmosphere to a darkened room.