This easy-to-make thumb pincushion is a great tool to have on hand when you need to quickly grab a pin. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A small piece of material
- A ball of scrap wool
- A bottle cap
- A piece of elastic
- A heated piece of wire
- Sewing binding
- Cut a small circle from your material, about 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place the ball of scrap wool in the center of the material, and sew it closed.
- Use the heated wire to poke two holes in the bottom of the bottle cap. When the cap has cooled, thread the elastic through the holes and knot it several times to secure it in place.
- Glue the wool-covered ball to the inside of the bottle cap.
- Wrap a piece of sewing binding around the rim of the bottle cap and glue it in place.
Your thumb pincushion is now ready to use. Simply slip it over your thumb and you’ll have quick access to a pin whenever you need one.