Make this charming and rustic Valentine’s Day box to store special trinkets or gifts. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A wooden box
- Black acrylic paint
- A large paintbrush
- A rag
- Off-white acrylic paint
- A small paintbrush
- A wooden figurine (in the shape of a girl or boy)
- White glue
- Two large black buttons
- Sand the wooden box to remove any rough edges or printing.
- Use a watered-down black acrylic paint and brush it onto the box with large, sweeping strokes.
- Wipe away any excess paint from the box using a rag, to give it a distressed, wood-worn look.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Use off-white acrylic paint to make short, stitch-like lines along the edges of the box and in the shape of an “X” on the two ends.
- Use a small brush to paint the words “Be Mine” on the upper part of the front of the box.
- Use the end of the brush to dot each letter with black paint.
- Paint the wooden figurine all black, and allow it to dry.
- Apply glue to the back of the painted figurine.
- Glue the figurine to the front of the box using white glue.
- Glue two large black buttons to the sliding lid of the box for added decoration.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day box, and use it to store special treasures and gifts.