Create this Apple Yo-Yo and use it to make a multitude of beautiful items. You can make a pin or bookmark for a favorite teacher, or even glue a bunch of them onto a barrette or headband for a special little girl. These versatile yo-yos can be used in any way your imagination takes you. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Scrap red material
- A piece of brown felt
- Two leaves or pieces of green felt cut into leaf shapes
- A needle and thread
- Hot glue and a glue gun
- Cut a circle about 4 inches in diameter out of the red material.
- Cut a circle about 2 ½ inches in diameter out of the cardboard.
- Use your needle and thread to sew a straight stitch around the outside edge of the red material circle, so it can be easily pulled into a yo-yo in the middle.
- Place the cardboard circle in the center of the red yo-yo, and pull it closed tight. Knot the thread to secure it.
- Use hot glue to attach a tiny rectangle of brown felt for the stem.
- Glue the green leaves onto the yo-yo.
- You can add a magnet to the back of the yo-yo, string multiple yo-yos together to create a decoration, or use them to accent other crafts you make.