With an old wooden hanger and some paint, you can create a beautiful and stylish décor piece this Americana-style Wooden Hanger Decoration!
Transform a wooden hanger into a beautiful décor piece with just a few basic materials like paints, brushes, and stencils.
The Americana-style Wooden Hanger Decoration features red and blue stripes, white stars, and heart details, all inspired by the American flag. It’s a great way to celebrate patriotic holidays or add a touch of Americana to your home all year round. Give this project a try and add some American pride to your home!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One wooden hanger
- Acrylic paints in deep red, dark blue, and antique white
- Large and small detail brushes
- Finishing spray
- Cardboard cutout heart stencils (or store-bought ones)
- A piece of scrap material
- Paint the entire hanger with two coats of red acrylic paint, and allow it to dry completely.
- Using your heart stencil, dab antique white acrylic paint onto the center of each heart, and carefully remove the stencil. Repeat this step at the top of the hanger.
- Dry brush white stripes along the bottom rung of the hanger.
- Paint a dark blue dot in between each white stripe on the rung.
- Paint three blue stars on each side of the hanger, using a triangle-over-triangle pattern and leaving an even space between each star.
- Use a detail brush to paint a blue outline around each white heart, and add some “S” shape squiggles for style.
- Paint the words “Pride”, “Love”, “Home”, “Free”, “Heart”, and “Truth” in antique white between each set of stars on the sides of the hanger.
- Use a paintbrush to dot the words for a finished look.
- When the paint is completely dry, spray the hanger with a finishing spray and allow it to set.
- Tie a bow around the neck of the hanger using the scrap material to add a touch of flair and finish off the decoration.
So grab your paints and brushes and get creative with this fun and easy Americana-style Wooden Hanger Decoration project!
It’s a great way to add some patriotic charm to your home and celebrate America’s rich history and culture.