Raggedy Ann Light Bulb
- Flesh tone, black, pink, white, and red acrylic paints (glass paint)
- Scraps of fabric for hair and ribbon
- Ribbon for hanger
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Alcohol or sand paper
1. Start by cleaning the entire surface of the light bulb with alcohol this helps paint stick better. Another way to make the surface more accepting of paint is to lightly sand the outside of the light bulb. Allow drying time.
2. Then using your egg carton turned upside down, poke a hole in one of the departments for the egg and make a hole just big enough to easily sit the light bulb in. This helps keep the light bulb in place while you apply the first coat of flesh tone. It’s also great to avoid getting messy fingers.J Allow approx. 4 hours for fist coat to dry.
3. Then apply a second more even coat and let dry for 48 hours before going on to do the facial details.
4. When completely dry start to apply your facial features with acrylic paints.
5. Apply a thin layer of finishing spray to seal paint. (I use a matt) and allow drying.
6. Take a small scrap of material and cut strips to make tattered hair. Fold each piece in half to form loops and when you have the number of loops you feel makes her hair full enough tie together in the middle and glue to top of light bulb and add a ribbon for her hair.
7. Glue a loop of ribbon on to the back as a hanger