January 20, 2013
Raggedy Ann CD Decoration
“This is a great way to recycle those old CD’s and décor for a little girl’s room.”
- Old CD
- Flesh tone, pink, white, red, black acrylic paints
- White, red and blue foam sheets
- Red felt sheet
- Scrap plaid material
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Finishing spray
- Medium and detail painting brushes
- Apply three coats of Flesh Tone paint waiting for dying between each coat. Always brushing in the opposite direct after each application.
- Take the bottom of your brush and use to make two dots for eyes and then paint on a semi-circle smile.
- Use black to make four lines for lashes beneath the dot eyes.
- Use pink paint to make circle cheeks and highlight with white on outsides.
- Highlight eyes with white paint.
- Make a little red heart in the middle of her mouth for lips.
- Allow drying thoroughly and then apply a coat of finishing spray by following can directions.
- Cut a red triangle from foam sheet and hot glue it to cover hole in CD.
- Cut a rectangle shape from felt sheet and then cut slits down ¾ of the way to create hair.
- Glue hair to back of CD and spread the felt hair open a bit. Make sure to allow for room to insert rag hair under front when lifted.
- Cut 2 blue heart shapes from blue foam sheet for collar.
- Then glue to bottom front of Raggedy Ann’s Face.
- Cut small stripes of plaid rag and tie a knot in the end of each piece.
- Then hot glue knot rag hair between the CD and the felt hair.
- Cut two slightly smaller hearts from matching scrap plaid material and glue to blue foam heart on collar.
- Take a white button and glue it to center of collar.
- Trace out the shape of a CD from white foam sheet and then cut out shape.
- Glue white foam circle to back of CD to tidy up the back.